Over the past 29 years, Louis has developed Blueprint Design into a very busy home based design office with over 950 design projects completed primarily in the Bow Valley, but also in other areas of Alberta, BC, and Saskatchewan. He has worked with clients from most parts of Canada, United States, UK, Australia, Papua New Guinea, and Europe. (in person or via email).
Louis also has been working since 2013 on contract for a local structural engineering firm providing AutoCAD support, field support, construction administration, and project management.
- Assisting the P.Eng’s with shop drawing review, undertaking structural field reviews, and preparing construction review reports to submit to the client, contractor and architect.
- Project managing/construction administration including for the CMH Bobbie Burns Lodge Expansion and Renovation. (2017- 2019). Processing of Request for Information, Site Instructions, communications, progress claims, and conduct field / construction meetings.
- Acted as the field/on site manager and senior inspector at the Stoney Nakoda DRHP (Disaster Recovery Housing Program) for the Government of Alberta. My involvement in this project started August 2014 and continued to the spring of 2017. Up to five field staff were required to achieve all reviews and documentation for the project. This repair program consists of over 550 flood affected houses from the 2013 flood, including 22 replacement homes. and 40 interim housing units.
- Coordination of S.I.P. / HSB projects between Insulspan and the Vietnam design office utilizing Revit.
From 1982-1993, he used his skills employed with the Alberta Government as a design & survey technologist with Kananaskis Country, Tourism Parks & Recreation. Design through to construction of hundreds of project were completed over 10 years working in the park.
Louis has achieved several design awards in the Town of Canmore, and is a member of the Association of Science and Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (Certified Design & Engineering Technologist, since 1989)
Louis Desroches graduated from the Design & Drafting Technology Diploma program at Red River Community College, Winnipeg, 1982.
Louis is a very active volunteer member of the planning and design community within the Town of Canmore. Some of the committees he has been a member of are as follows:
- 2010 Subdivision & Development Appeal Board (Chair)
- 2009 Municipal Planning Commission (Chair)
- 2008 Subdivision & Development Appeal Board (Chair)
- 2007 Subdivision & Development Appeal Board (Vice-Chair)
- 2006 Subdivision & Development Appeal Board (member)
- 2005 Municipal Planning Commission (Chair)
- 2004 Municipal Planning Commission (Vice-Chair)
- 2013 Parks Canada Advisory Development Board (Banff, Yoho, & Kootenay National Parks)
- 2012 Parks Canada Advisory Development Board (Chair)
- 2011 Parks Canada Advisory Development Board (Chair)
- 2011 – 2012 Canmore Folk Fest (Assistant Coordinator – Performer, VIP, and Volunteer Food Services)
- 2010 Parks Canada Advisory Development Board (Vice-Chair)
- 2009 Parks Canada Advisory Development Board (member)
- 2002 – 2006 Canmore Downtown Enhancement Committee
- 2003 – 2006 Sacred Heart Parish Facility Planning Committee
- 1995 – 1997 Canmore Downtown Architectural Review Committee
- Canmore Built Green Resource Group
- Canmore In-Lieu Parking Resource Group